Active Members Deferred Members Retired Members Beneficiary Benefits
About SDCERA Board of Retirement Investments Finance News & Media
Thinking About Retirement?

Attend a retirement seminar, calculate your benefit, apply for retirement or contact SDCERA's Member Service Center at 619-515-6800.


Next Regular Board of Retirement Meeting

The next regular meeting of the SDCERA Board of Retirement will be held at 9:00 am on Thursday, June 18, 2020.
Click here for more details.


Retiree Health Insurance Program

For information about SDCERA's Retiree Health Insurance Program CLICK HERE.


Are Your Beneficiary Designations Current?

Make sure your SDCERA beneficiary designations are up-to-date because your beneficiaries may be entitled to receive certain SDCERA benefits upon your death. If you have married, divorced or had children, you should update your beneficiary information by completing a Beneficiary Designation form and submitting it to SDCERA.




Chief Executive Officer Recruitment Begins

SDCERA has begun the recruitment process for its open Chief Executive Officer position. The Board of Retirement has approved the CEO Profile, which can be accessed here.

The Board has directed SDCERA Staff to recommend two or three executive search firms for the Board to interview at the regularly scheduled SDCERA Board meeting on Thursday, June 18, 2020 (likely to be a virtual meeting). Interested executive search firms should send a written proposal to SDCERALegal@sdcera.org. The proposal should include information about the search firm's background, its employees, and a proposed framework for conducting a CEO search. Candidates interested in applying directly for the CEO position should send their letter of interest and resume to SDCERALegal@sdcera.org.

CORONAVIRUS UPDATES
The SDCERA Call Center (619-515-6800) hours of operation:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Friday Closed

This schedule is subject to change at any time.


Member Service

In order to comply with Governor Newsom's Executive Order to "Shelter in Place," SDCERA has made the following operational changes:

  • SDCERA's office, including the Member Service Center, is closed to visitors until further notice.
  • Members can also contact SDCERA and submit forms and information by:
•    Email: msc@sdcera.org
•    Fax: (619) 515-5068
•    U.S. mail: 2275 Rio Bonito Way, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92108
  • All Retirement Seminars have been cancelled until further notice.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause our Members, but in light of current health concerns, these prudent steps are in the best interests of SDCERA Members and staff.

Please check this website frequently for updates on SDCERA's operations.


Investment Market Volatility and Retiree Benefit Payments

There should be no concern whatsoever of SDCERA's ability to pay retired Members and beneficiaries their monthly retirement benefits. SDCERA's Trust Fund has $11 billion in total assets. Using just 10% of these assets and with regular contributions by the plan sponsors and employees, SDCERA can pay retired Members and beneficiaries for well over a decade. The remaining 90% of Trust Fund assets continue to be prudently invested in well-diversified financial markets and positioned to take advantage of market dislocations.


San Diego County Employees Retirement Association © 2020 SDCERA — All Rights Reserved